Friday, February 12, 2016

Deconstruction and Decongestant

Last weekend we made the decision to remodel the kids' bathroom. It was dated and didn't flow well (the space, not the water ;-)). You know that room you always plan to change but it ends up being the last one you get to. Yeah, it's that room. We discussed our plan of action and visited the tile store. After looking at hundreds of samples, laying them out all over the showroom floor, and finally placing the order, we happily headed home to start prepping the space.

Remember how I told you that my husband can do just about anything? Well, he can. And so he got to work deconstructing the bathroom to get it ready for the new shipment of tile and vanity/sink that are on the way. Existing tile was broken up, the counter/sink/cabinet were removed, and sheetrock was ripped out. It was quite a sight to behold. Dust was flying everywhere in the room, deafening cracks rang out as he broke apart the tile..... and then there was the debris. So. Much. Debris. Luckily, he has a wife who is happy to help. And so I hauled away bucket load after bucket load.

Here is a picture of the bathroom as it stands now. The lighting will be much better when there's something worth seeing. We will be taking out those beams you see in the center of the room to open the space up. One of the past owners separated the toilet/shower area from the vanity/sink area so their kids could get ready for school at the same time. Functional for them, not so much for us. So, the space will become one room again and we can't wait!


Along with demolishing the bathroom, Sunday brought with it that nasty virus that has kept my two oldest kids on the couch all week with fevers, congestion, and general yuck. Doesn't it just figure that the minute we render a bathroom unusable, someone gets sick?!  Apparently there are lots of sick kids at the moment, so teachers have gone easy on the make-up homework assignments (which we are grateful for). We have second winter break next week which should give our kids enough time to get better and catch up. My dear husband came home with the virus last night, so we'll be taking a break from bathroom work.

As a side note, I have a shameless plug. I've also had an online Thirty-One Gifts party over the past week and it ends tomorrow, February 13th. If you are interested in beautiful organization and storage solutions as well as stylish bags and jewelry, let me know and I'll be more than happy to send you the link. My sister in law is a consultant and she's in the process of trying to buy a house, so I'm hosting a party for her to help grow her business. That, plus I have my eye on a few things for our trip and the hostess credits will help me with those. :-)  I love their products and you will too (trust me!) Come on by and check it out!

- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

End of code