Friday, May 6, 2016

Racing

Wait....let me stop and catch my breath for a second.......Thanks, that's better. Today I have literally been running/driving from one thing to the next.

This was a big week for us. Last Saturday my husband and I had our walk-through of the trailer. I was SO excited to pick it up. I mean, the trailer is a huge piece of the puzzle for our adventure. But no. They told us to go away and come back later. Apparently we had the wrong electrical lines installed in our car. The ones we got were for a horse trailer. How were we supposed to know?! We've never had a trailer before. You'd think the installer would have said something. Nope. And so we went home. On the up side, I now have a better understanding of what to do and what to avoid for the rig. That's something. My husband and some friends picked it up on Wednesday and I've been itching to make it mine....I mean ours.

Saturday night we went to see the Mariners play the Royals with our Cub Scout pack. It was a lot of fun and we (the Mariners) won 6-0!! Hooray! I love going to sporting events with our family. I've never been very interested in sports before, but with kids, you learn. It's such a great experience, and now we have "our" teams.

We're continuing to check items off the list. One big item is that I filed our Declaration of Intent to Homeschool all three kids next year with the school district. We're going to have a great time at the Homeschool Curriculum fair next month. Elementary, middle, and high school at once! Pray for me! ;-)

This week, a certain husband of mine celebrated a nice round-number birthday. Since he isn't a big PDA man, I'll just leave it at that. (But just between you and me, we love him bunches and bunches and are so blessed to have him. <3)

Today my youngest and I had a field trip to the tide pools with our homeschool group. I've been so frazzled over the past few days that I completely blanked and went to the Seattle Aquarium to meet them. If I had looked a little closer at the email this morning, I would have read that they were meeting at the aquarium in Des Moines, WA. Oops! What can you do but make the best of the situation. So, my littlest guy and I enjoyed an afternoon together touching the starfish and watching the otters and seals. Did I mention that I had completely forgotten to cancel his speech therapy appointment? Yeah. Lame, I know. Fortunately we have a therapist who was wonderful about the whole thing and was happy to reschedule. That isn't always the case, or so I understand, so we are extra grateful for his generosity in letting us off the hook this time.

Oh! There's the door. Gotta run! I wish all of you, and especially the Moms out there, a wonderful weekend! Thanks for hanging in there with me! Next week I'll bombard you with pictures. I promise!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. There's an aquarium in Des Moines? I don't blame you for getting that one wrong. Glad you had a good time anyway and such a busy week. I'm always calling stuff "mine" and Trace is always correcting me to feel included :-) Happy Trailer-keeping.

    ReplyDelete

End of code